View the entire list of our upcoming events.
Hispanic Heritage Month Open House
Join the staff of Community Progress Council in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month on Thursday, October 11, from 5 to 7 p.m.
Meet with representatives from each of CPC’s programs while enjoying food, music and creations from Head Start and Early Head Start classrooms.
Parenting Skills 911: Child Behavior Management Workshop
On Thursday, October 25, join this roundtable discussion which will focus on positive behavior communications strategies and parenting support.
Topics of discussion include:
- Parenting is a stressful yet rewarding job
- Learn positive parenting skills for effective discipline
- Discuss positive and negative child behavior
- Learn how to manage different types of behavior
- Take steps towards improving your relationship with your child
The discussion will be held from 10 a.m. to Noon at Community Progress Council, 226 East College Avenue, York.
Childcare is available, and transportation may be arranged upon request. Light refreshments will be served.
Note: This workshop meets TANF requirements. Bring your E&T activity log.
For registration information, contact Penny Sims at (717) 793-0144 or email email@example.com.
Thursday Evening Hours on College Avenue
Community Progress Council’s College Avenue location will now be open extended hours on Thursdays evenings to better serve our community.
Services will be available by appointment and include:
• Housing/Rental Education: Housing Counseling services provides first-time homebuyers one-on-one counseling, in home ownership process counseling, and reverse-mortgage counseling. Rental Counseling provides renters one-on-one counseling to understand lease and rental terms, security deposits and renters insurance.
• Work Ready: Work Ready empowers individuals to engage in education, skills training, job-readiness training and preparation while addressing existing barriers to employment.
• Early Head Start and Head Start screenings, intakes, and follow-up appointments for incoming and/or current families.
To schedule an appointment, please call (717) 846-4600
Regular Business Hours – 8:00PM to 5:00 PM
Thursday Extended Evening Hours – 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Homebuyer Workshop Schedule
Community Progress Council offers Pennsylvania Housing Finance Assistance (PHFA) approved Homebuyer Education Workshops, which are a pre-requisite for several housing assistance programs. Homebuyer Education workshops, geared toward first time homebuyers, cover topics including fair housing, predatory lending, credit reports and scores, available mortgage assistance programs, choosing a Realtor and lender, homeowners’ insurance, closing and settlement process, and more.
The workshops will be held at: 226 East College Avenue in York. For more information or to attend a session, please call (717) 846-4600.
Upcoming workshop dates:
October 13 and 27**
November 10* and 17
*Indicates that the workshop will also be conducted in Spanish.
**The October 27 workshop will be conducted at Community Progress Council’s York location AND Collinsville Community Library, 2632 Delta Road, Brogue Pa.