Pre-K Counts FAQ
Find answers to the most commonly asked questions about Pre-K Counts.
Why does my child need to attend a high-quality
Children who enter kindergarten without all of the skills they need often stay behind and struggle in school. Quality pre-kindergarten (pre-k) prepares children not only for reading and math but also for paying attention, following directions and getting along with others.
Pre-K Counts gives children a chance to learn, become excited about school and be better students. They also have a better chance of being ready for kindergarten — a strong start that means they have a better chance of doing well in school, going on to college or career training, and getting a good job.
What can I expect from a Pre-K Counts classroom?
Pre-K Counts classrooms will:
- Have teachers with the education and expertise to teach young children
- Use a curriculum aligned with the Pennsylvania Early Learning Standards, which will help your child grow both academically and socially
- Regularly review your child’s progress, and choose teaching and learning activities that are best for your child
- Help you and your child adjust to pre-kindergarten and smoothly move on to kindergarten
- Offer a small class size (no more than 19 students per two teachers) so that your child can have plenty of one-on-one time with the teachers
How do I apply?
Contact Vicki Landis at 717-849-1398 to begin the application process. Necessary items for registration will include:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Current physical or appointment for physical
Make A Donation
Why support Community Progress Council? We are committed to impacting our communities through resources, programs and support that move individuals and families toward self-sufficiency. Together, we can improve our community impact.Donate Today